Riaz LLC is a firm incorporated in June 2009 by Mr Riaz Qayyum. Mr Riaz is a lawyer with 25 years of experience in various litigation matters. He specialises in Personal Injury area of law, in particular, an expert in road traffic accident matters.
Riaz LLC has successfully obtain compensation for clients in matters of varying complexities and high quantum. We pride ourselves in resolving matters expeditiously and in the best interest of our clients.
Mr Riaz graduated from National University of Singapore Faculty of Law in 1994 and was called as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Singapore in 1995.
He is also admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Over the last 25 years as a lawyer, he has done extensive work in many areas of law. He has appeared before the Magistrate and District Court, High Court, Family Justice Court and the Court of Appeal.
Notable cases include:
- Acted for accused persons in criminal cases where he has successfully submitted representations to reduce or withdraw charges, mitigated on clients behalf where they plead guilty and obtained acquittal at trial.
- Acted for clients in divorce cases including custody of children. And division of matrimonial assets in the high court and family court. In one case he successfully obtained a lifting of a Mareva injunction against a client assets obtained by the spouse.
- Acted for companies and individuals in building and construction claims.
- Acted for companies and individuals in commercial and civil claims.
- Acted for shareholders in company disputes.
- Acted for both buyer and seller in conveyancing matters.
- Acted for individuals in probate matters both contested and uncontested.
He now manages the firm which he has grown from just himself and one secretary to a firm with four lawyers and sixteen staff. He is now a valuable mentor to the next generation of lawyers and staff in the firm.
Halim specialises in civil litigation with a focus on personal injury claims. He has vast experience acting for claimants in personal injury suits and dealing with claims concerning motor accident, work injury compensation, medical negligence and public liability.
He also has experience dealing with criminal law and family law matters.
He has successfully undertaken and assisted in various contentious matters including high value road traffic and industrial accident claims in excess of $1 million.
Notable cases include:
- Successfully obtaining compensation for the family of a deceased patient in a high-profile medical negligence case on hepatitis C outbreak in Singapore.
- Succeeding in a claim for a motorcyclist who was riding without a valid license in a High Court suit.
Halim graduated from the University of Tasmania in 2013 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2016. He is also actively involved in the Law Society’s Personal Injury/ Property Damage (PIPD) Committee since 2016.
Ridhwan graduated from the University of Leeds in 2013 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2015. Ridhwan has experience in dealing with motor accident claims (both as plaintiff and defendant lawyer), Work Injury Compensation claims as well as public liability claims.
Irfan Nasrulhaq graduated from Singapore Management University in 2017. He was called to the Singapore Bar in 2018. In the initial months of traineeship, Irfan was trained in criminal matters and delved deep into Syariah work. He attended the radio show 94.2 Warna FM to aid his mentor for weekly interviews regarding controversial criminal issues. He also gave a lecture to estate agents on Syariah matters and issues of Muslim will and probate.
Thereafter, Irfan joined another law firm which exposed him to commercial civil litigation and family matters cases. Irfan has successfully undertaken and assisted in various contentious matters. From his military background as an officer in the Singapore Armed Forces, Irfan operates his cases with precision in law and efficiency.
Subsequently, Irfan joined Riaz LLC, bringing with him his experience and exposure in civil litigation and criminal matters into insurance claims.
Notable cases include:
- Successfully represented a client in a personal injury claim in trial.
- Assisted in numerous Workmen Compensation claims.
- Successfully representing a client in a contested Ancillary Matters hearing in the High Court involving assets above S$4 million.
- Successfully represented a client in a contested discovery application in the Family Justice Court and defended the appeal in the High Court.
- Successful represented a client who obtained 67% pool of the matrimonial assets.
- Successful in an application in the High Court for a declaration for the presumption of death in a probate matter.
- Assisted lead counsel in a successful settlement with a large Estate group for excessive rent paid across more than 6 years.
- Represented a client involving discriminatory practice by a MCST.